Italian inspired puff pastry

A quick lunch recipe that requires very little effort & is perfect for those blogging days when you need to concentrate on your writing rather than other things. 

Italian inspired puff pastry.


I truly admire the simplicity of Italian cuisine and this quick puff pastry is a time saver and can basically be created from anything that you have in your fridge. As I am a big fan of tomatoes and basil {now that I think of it, the red & green colors are my top pics when it comes to food}, they became the main ingredients of my lunch.

Puff pastry with pesto, tomatoes and basil.


For this particular recipe I used:
  • puff pastry sheets 
  • dash of olive oil
  • homemade pesto
  • aragula
  • cherry tomatoes
  • goat cheese
  • capers
  • olives
  • fresh basil to garnish
I think the process of this is quite clear, but what you do is roll the pastry flat {if needed}, splash it with olive oil {this is my choice as I cannot tolerate cow's milk, so butter is off limits} and toss everything on the pastry so it pleases your eyes. Very similar approach to as making the pizza - put it in the oven for about 20 minutes, when it's done, top it with fresh basil and Bon Appetit! Goes perfectly with a glass of wine, especially if enjoyed on Sunday & in fresh air. 

Comments